Leland T. Williams, Attorney at Law
I have been blogging on wrongful death law topics for almost two years. The 115 entries that I have written to date have been visited over 8,800 times by over 5,800 people in 75 countries and territories around the world. Over twenty-three hundred visits came from New York residents alone.
I was born in Rochester, NY, and raised in the suburb of Brighton.
I attended McQuaid Jesuit High School, and graduated in the Class of 1970. I went to Boston College, graduating with honors in 1974. I completed a graduate course at Northeastern University, receiving a Master of Public Administration degree in 1977.
I then worked for a NYS Assemblyman for two legislative sessions, leaving Albany to go to law school, Western New England School of Law, from 1978-1981.
Following Bar exams, I was admitted to the practice of law in Massachusetts (1981), New York State and US Courts (1982).
I married another attorney, and began the general practice of law, in Rochester in 1982. We welcomed daughters to our family in 1986, 1987, 1989 and 1992.
Since 1982 I have been engaged in the general practice of law, covering a wide variety of “people law": estates, criminal law, divorce, contracts, real estate, personal injury, etc. During this time, I successfully prosecuted several wrongful death cases.
We reside in Pittsford, NY. Our daughters are now 19 to 25 years of age: two have graduated from college and have jobs, one in Boston, and the other overseas, currently in Cameroon. We still have two girls in college, one each in the classes of 2012 and 2014. Two dogs and one cat complete the family.
Community Involvement & Interests:
- Lions Club International, since 1986, served as past President, Treasurer, and Secretary of the Webster Lions Club; also as Zone Director for District 20 E-1;
- The Masters Golf Tournament, Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta, GA: volunteer gallery guard, since 1996;
- The Xerox Classic, Nationwide Tour event 2005-2008, volunteer marshall;
- Volunteer “Know Your Law" sessions with Eastern Service Workers Association, legal help for the working poor, 1995-2010;
- Member, Action for a Better Community, Inc., Enterprise Center Advisory Committee, 1998-2006;
- Martha's Vineyard, MA & Seneca Lake, Finger Lakes, NY;
- Sports: tennis, golf, swimming